View Profile benjadaninja

All 4 Art Reviews

3 w/ Responses

Sure it's good... as a photo-realistic piece, but that's all anyone seems to care about on this website. It's like people don't realize cameras were invented for a reason. Don't get me wrong, doing stuff like this takes lots of skill and talent, but I just don't find it particularly creative. That is all, keep it up, there always will be a market for this kind of stuff, it's just not for me is all.

CosmicDeath responds:

I understand where you are coming from, but photorealism is simply about making lifelike and realistic representations within the image. It isn't always possible to include everything you want in a photograph, and even if you could, the feel of the end artwork would not be the same.

Photorealism and fantasy are often mixed together in digital paintings. You can have a painting of something that looks photorealistic but be completely or partially drawn from fantasy. Etienne's pin on his hat, for example, did not exist in the reference photo.

Pretty good! I'd say his right arm looks a bit weird though... maybe a bit too long? I am not quite sure what it is. I think the elbow is too low.

I really like your colouring and shading style..

... but your drawing techniques seem to be kinda iffy. The woman is a tad we out of proportion and has unusually stickily arms. Work on drawing some muscles! I am not talking macho girl, but look take a look at anyones arms, and you will see they are not perfectly flat. But as I said, great colour!

Syringes responds:

Thanks. I know what you mean, its not like I havent been examining arms, its just that its not that easy for me to learn @_@ I practice a lot. D: When it comes to the coloring though, I tend to ruin all the anatomy that is below... :[

Thanks for your review. :]

Pretty good,

but there seems to be something strangely masculine about this woman... I can't put my finger on it.

KorteX responds:

Probably her jaw and neck muscles, i was going for a chick who could kick ass

26, Male